If you are planning to go over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house this holiday season, get a pre-road trip inspection from your dealership or ASE certified mechanic. Traveling over the holidays can be stressful enough with crowded highways and inclimate weather, and nothing can put a damper on the holiday cheer more than a breakdown.
Here are a few of the important items on your vehicle to check:
- Fluid levels are good
- Fluids are clean and fresh
- Tires have good tread
- No oil or other fluid leaks
- Belts and hoses are free of cracks
- Brake pads and rotors are in good shape
- All lights are clear and operational
- Wiper blades are fresh
- Wiper fluid reservoir is full
Schedule a pre-road trip inspection with your mechanic about two weeks before your departure date. That way, if your car needs any TLC, the mechanic will have sufficient time to order parts and make the repairs.